What Can I Do To Maintain My Gas Fireplace?
As experts in fireplaces in Surrey, the team at Eco Fires and Stoves know that gas fireplaces should be serviced once a year to maximise their efficiency and keep them in safe working order. It’s best to get yours serviced before the temperature drops so you can immediately use your fireplace during the cold weather. Do not attempt to service your fireplace yourself – this should be undertaken by qualified engineers only! However, that isn’t to say that there aren’t other things you can do to keep your gas fireplace in tip top shape year round!
The best thing you can do to keep your fire in good condition is to keep it clean and free of contamination. The regulations for gas safety and code of practice are always changing, but here are a few current pointers to help you out.
- Clean with a clean lint free duster.
- Do not use any abrasives on the glass area.
- Keep candles away from the fire.
- Do not spray air freshener or polish close to the fire as this can be drawn into the convection channel, causing odours and staining.
- Do not clean or vacuum fuel beds and burner trays (unless your user manual explicitly states that it is fine to do so).
Inevitably, your fireplace will need to be cleaned out from time to time, so you’ll always need to make sure your fire has completely cooled down before cleaning.
Regular maintenance to fireplaces in Surrey by a registered engineer reduces costly repair (or replacement) bills and will keep you and your home safe, and your fireplace functional; Eco Fires and Stoves offers quality maintenance services for gas fires that you can trust. If your fire is in need of maintenance or repair, give us a call on 01252 815100 today.