Pumice Chimneys – Eco Chimney Solutions
Eco Chimney Solutions
Within the past few years you will have noticed an increased number of metal flues installed on the side of houses. Some of these are poorly installed with cheap, inferior products and are now beginning to look tatty and many are starting to lean over. Not only are these an eye sore they can also become dangerous.
We are specialists in chimney building and repairs in Surrey and Hampshire
Anyone who has used Eco fires to install there metal flues will know that we refuse to install any other flue than Poujoulat TI 316 stainless steel flue system which is known in the industry as the best. However, no matter how well you install one of these flues they will never perform or look as good as a proper brick and Pumice chimney.
Here are a few facts to consider before investing in a metal flue
- They will never perform as well as a proper chimney due to their construction and insulation properties. The effect of this is slow starting and smoking into the room.
- Metal flues have a life span and are not considered permanent.
- They can look extremely ugly on some properties and they commonly upset neighbors resulting in court battles and legal headaches.
- They can be affected by high winds resulting in not only damaged flue but further damage to properties.
- Noise when raining or high wind is common and unavoidable.
Here are a few facts about pumice and brick chimneys
- Pumice is a natural insulator, able to maintain the temperature of flue gases in comparison to other products which allow the temperature to fall.
- Pumice allows the flue gases in the chimney to quickly reach their optimum temperature enabling your stove to reach its optimum performance shortly after lighting.
- Less sooting and tarring reducing the risk of chimney fires
- Pumice and brick is a permanent and maintenance free solution (normal sweeping required)
- Brick chimneys can add value to your home and make it more desirable to a buyer
- The owners of Eco fires and Stoves believe their customers need to know all the options before they invest in a stove and flue as their choice could have an impact on the value of their home of cost them in the future.
With a strong belief that Pumice chimneys are the future when installing wood burners and multifuel stoves they have taken the next step and now offer a design and build service specialising in Pumice and brick chimneys with dedicated team to deal with the increasing demand.